What Guns Mean To Real Americans
~~ Paul V. Hartman ~~
It Means Being Citizens, Not Subjects
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1935 China established gun control. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
In 1938 Germany established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1956 Cambodia established gun control. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1964 Guatemala established gun control. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000
Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1970 Uganda established gun control. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Grand total of people exterminated in the 20th Century due to the inability to defend themselves: 56 million.
The essence of Liberalism/Socialism is incrementalism - deprive citizens of rights in small degrees in hope that they will not notice. This is how you cook a lobster - gradually increasing the temperature so that the lobster dies before it can fight for life. "Gun Control" is a preliminary to confiscation, as history has proved time and time again.
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, ask them "Who do YOU want to round up and exterminate?"
And if that lesson goes unlearned, here is what some famous Americans have said about those who would compel "gun control":
1. Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.
2. Those who trade liberty for security will end up with neither.
3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. 65 million firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
11. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
13. Guns have only two enemies; politicians and rust.
14. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
15. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
--= The Hartman Web Site © , 1996 All rights reserved. =--